First off, I did a little painted exercise, something simple, just some doggies, based on a picture:
Here’s a little Joker thing I did last year, but just cleaned up now. It was done in ink and markers, but I added some screentones and noise in Photoshop after losing some of the nice marker textures while doing the cleanup:
This beast took me forever and I decided to abandon it, as I didn’t get to use it in the comic or as a proper print (I discovered I suck at making webs). It’s loosely based on The Weaver from China Mieville’s Perdido Street Station, but I switched the baby arms and face for a… whatever it is I did with it in the end.